Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Love

We have just passed Mother's Day in our land and in many other places around the world. Mother's Day is one of those bitterwsweet times in my life, for I have now passed 13 such days without the physical presence of my mother. I think more about her at this time of the year than any other because during her lifetime, I tried hard to honor her every year. My mother was the anchor in my life, but even more, she was the one person, for a long time, that I absolutely knew loved me no matter what. Thanks be to the Lord that I know other family members, my children, and most of all my wife who surround me with such love today.

Just as my mother's love was of the unconditional variety, there is one above all who has such love for all. The Lord Jesus Christ proved that by giving His life even for those who hated Him, and despised Him and those who killed Him on the cross. If you come to Him and BELIEVE in Him, believe that He really did die for you, and He really did rise from the dead and lives today, and He really will come again for those who know Him, then you can know real unconditional love that will lift you up forever.
Rom 5:8 - but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

IJHN
LEE

No comments: